Poll Results on Workplace Bullying
Written by Renée Safrata - email@example.com, October 26th, 2011
A few weeks ago, I gave you some statistics on bullying in the workplace.
Wanting to know what the statistics were like amongst my readers, I posted a quick poll in last week’s blog post. Thank you to everyone who took the poll!
In the poll, I asked readers 3 questions;
- Have you ever been bullied at work?
- Are you currently dealing with a bully at work?
- Rate your competence in dealing with a workplace bully.
Does it surprise you that 84% of you said you’d been bullied at work? It certainly surprised me, especially considering that the US-based Workplace Bullying Institute’s latest statistics listed that only 35% of their readers had been bullied at work.
Additionally, over 64% of you indicated that you’re currently dealing with a bully at work. Wow! This series on bullying in the workplace has come at an ideal time for many of you.
When asked to rate your competence in dealing with a workplace bully;
- 57% of you try to assert yourself in the face of the bully,
- 24% simply gets out of the way of the bully as quickly as they can, and
- 19% doesn’t know what to do.
If you’re one of the 64% who are currently dealing with a bully and you feel like your current strategy is ineffective, contact us now! Let’s get these statistics down!